Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Here are a few of the things I've been doing for my classes;
Drawing apples(those cheap, gross red delicious ones) at various times of the day, paying special attention to color and lighting, of course.

Memorizing a ton of different Prehistoric, Egyptian, Anchient Eastern, and Agean art(remember that fertility goddess you got me Jenny? I have to write an essay on one a lot like that.)

Preparing to construct a 3-D human eye, split down the center, I'm making it out of all sorts of different things, used(therefore free) clay, styrafoam balls, wires, string, rubber, and whatever else I can find.

Making a video, so far it's 72 stills run together at a .2 sec. per still, I made it on photo shop. Maybe I can post it on here when it's done.

I've also been drawing bottles(yay), but I'm not allowed to use shading, only contour lines.

Oh yeah, I've been sifting through countless sheets of semi-toxic Coloraid paper(361 sheets of colored paper for $122) to make collages and other similar designs.

So that's pretty much what I've been up to here in Brooklyn, puttering around the arts and crafts tables, so far so good!

Miss you all, by the way.

4 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

I guess Jenny doesn't read this blog, but I put the same post on her blog and forgot to take that out...

12:15 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

Well, since there is another Jenny here, that's ok, though I don't know if I would give you a fertility goddess quite yet! The puttering sounds great and the human eye project seems so interesting, split down the center, why? Is that to show the innards?

1:50 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

yeah, all the viens and stuff, but it's kind of abstracted.
I need to figure out how to put my cell phone pics on here.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Madeleine said...

You have to email them to yourself with your phone and save them to your account.

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home