Thursday, November 23, 2006

Greetings on Thanksgiving...

Hello all, Matt here and I just wanted to take a moment of your time on this wonderful Thanksgiving to celebrate all that all of have to be thankful for. Today we started the day by cleaning the house, baking pies, and preparing the bird. We were supposed to have a total of 16 people but it looks like we are down to 10 adults and kids. Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday. I love to cook for alot of people and I take pride in making every year more special than the last. This year we have a great looking turkey, sweet potatoes, stuffing, cranberries, gravy, wait I'm getting dizzy. Oh I love this holiday. Anyways, I hope all is well in Illinois. We are very thankful to have so many people that care about us and we can't wait to see all of you. Matt.

4 Comments:

Blogger Callie said...

Happy Thanksgiving, to all of you from all of us at the Davises-- Callie got us onto your Blog. And yes,Thanksgiving is our favorite holiday too. We had to wait several hours for the 40+ lb bird to cook but it was worth it... we are waiting for it all to settle to attack the Pies. There must be 10 of them. Not to mention Pumpkin Roll! :)

6:06 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

M@, haha, that's cute.

9:41 PM  
Blogger falcons said...

Happy Thanksgiving Matt! I wish I had been there to taste your feast! I really missed you all this holiday, someday perhaps we will be able to share Thanksgiving or Christmas. The house is sleepy and all is winding down after a wonderful day of feasting and friendship. Love love love you all. Mom

11:27 PM  
Blogger gwen said...

MMMMmmm, can barely move. We had turkey (matt brined it, quite delicious!), ham, martin brought a chocolate bombe cake and a chocolate cherry cake, matt even made bread, I had the best sweet potatoes ever.... gluttony, sheer gluttony. I miss you guys and am disapointed I didn't get to play the thankful game.

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home