Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Hello people, how is my little family doing?
I wonder if this blog will turn out anything like our usual family conversations, I guess it's harder to get really passionate about subjects in print, that might change certain people's approach to debating. heh heh.
Is Matthew going to post? Ben and Sam should too.
We may never have to speak to each other in person again, wouldn't that be handy.

Have any of you ever heard Aristophane's theory on the three sexes?
The two headed, eight limned menwomen, and the original males and the females. The menwoman were cut in half by the gods because they were too powerful, and all descendants of the menwomen are heterosexual and all descendants of first females are lesbian and descendants of the first males are gay.
So that's what happened.

6 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

what does limned mean anyway?

3:36 PM  
Blogger gwen said...

limbed? having eight limbs? like arms and legs....

3:47 PM  
Blogger gwen said...

Yes ben and sam should definitely post. I told matthew I'd put his next paintbrush creation up. Prepare to be... underwhelmed.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Madeleine said...

I like that theory. It is now me new philosophy. I will live my life accordingly. Still, what do you do about bi-sexuals?

9:08 PM  
Blogger gwen said...

almost all of the ancient greeks were bisexual - that is it was not considered homosexual to have homerotic relationships, only those who had soley homosexual relationships throughout their life would have been considered gay... It was common, and in some poleis universal for young men to have relationships with older men, sometimes platonic, sometimes not. Sappho (the original "lesbian") had lovers of both sexes, and her young female lovers/protoges left her tutalage to make advantageous heterosexual marriages.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

I know, I spelled it wrong, that was a comment on how I spelled it.
Limned means to paint lime on your house or something.
Wasn't loving only women looked down upon? Because they're weaker then men and are incapable of true love, stupid Greeks.

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home