Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Road trip - and my first post

Thanks Madie for setting up my account. I can finally post on my own . But I don't want to hurt myself with overly much effort, so I'll start with a short one. My goal is to actually describe what I do at work and make it understandable by means of some white magic. But that is for later. A couple of weeks ago I visited Rosie at Pratt, and we wandered around trains and buses in Brooklyn and walked around the Williamsburg neighborhood. I had so much fun just hanging out with Rosie.

Then an Amtrak train down to Philadelphia and a week spent training new members on the Fixed Income Risk team, etc.

I'll just slap some photos on here and call it a night. If all works I'll have a photo of Rosie, one of Ben playing soccer, and one of me in an ultralight. Oh yeah, I should do an entry on my fantastic ultra-light flight too. I had a blast zooming 20 feet above fields and along the Rock river. And when we went up high, we could see to Rockford and Rochelle. thanks for that present!




Love,

Dad/Mark

7 Comments:

Blogger gwen said...

I am severely jealous of your ultralight flight. It looks really cool. Was it loud? How were the takeoff and landings? Matt.

11:08 PM  
Blogger Madeleine said...

That sounds awesome. We should talk more about your flight sometime. I love you.

12:34 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

The take off was very fast and easy. The plane almost jumped into the air. The landing was easy, too, but I think if you weren't a good pilot it could be really rough. The pilot and I wore ear phones so we could talk. I hadn't thought of it before, but it's like riding in a convertible at highway speeds -- very windy.

8:24 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Oh, and I forgot to laugh at you Matt. Ha Ha Ha, you don't have your own account and I do. I'm so proud.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Emma said...

Now you need to go sky diving with me and Tim!

5:01 PM  
Blogger BradtheDad said...

Excuse me, Rosie, but I don't think Tim will be sky-diving. Over my dead body!

9:48 AM  
Blogger BradtheDad said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home