Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Review: Twilight


The book series, "Twilight", by Stephenie Meyer, is composed of addictive teen-romance novels about Vampires. I picked them up with some hesitance, believing myself to be above such books, but having promised my students that I would read them. Somewhat to my shame, I was quickly sucked in.
They really are fun books, with a mostly original, albeit very superheroish, view of vampire mythology. It is not by any means challenging reading, and Ms. Meyer is extremely self-indulgent, but it is excellent reading for a cozy afternoon when one feels rather lazy and in the mood for light, fun reading. So if you want to let loose your inner adolescent, read about high-school drama, true love, high adventure, werewolves, and vampires, then this is a good series of books to go with.

P.S. The movie was pretty fun, too.

1 Comments:

Blogger gwen said...

I LOVE guilty pleasures! I have a nasty case of strep throat and have been finding War & Peace too heavy to hold up, so maybe I be a library run from Matt.

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home