Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Elizabeth payton.
the snob in me is slightly turned off cause she did paintings of pop stars and Eminem and stuff, but that's a stupid snob. I've known about Elizabeth Payton for a while, always thought she was very good, her paintings look like they were done so quickly and with so much confidence. I think she does a lot of her paintings from photos, you can kind of tell, sometimes that stagnates a picture-but- she has so much energy it doesn't really matter. In fact I think that's probably a style she wants her paintings to have, an element of stillnes, but painted with energy. if that makes sense. She keeps her paint so clean and pure too. they're kind of like virgin paintings-- ok that might be a little bit of artistic BS, but it makes sense to me.
Anyway, ENJOY.















2 Comments:

Blogger Madeleine said...

Those are really cool. It reminds me a lot of your style, actually.

11:48 AM  
Blogger gwen said...

I saw an article reviewing show of hers in the newspaper and I saved it. I like how still and clear her people are.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home