Thursday, January 01, 2009

2009

Over lunch some of us were talking about beginning new things in the new year.
Sam wants to start five new things, he has been bouncing some ideas around all day.
Here are some athletic ideas for new beginnings.

Mom: By 2010 I would like to be able to do 20 laps in the YMCA pool and be happy about it.
I would like to be able to do 50 girlie push ups and be happy about it.

Sam: By 2010 Sam would like to be able to do 100 pushups in two minutes (the guy kind)
He would like to be able to do 18 pull ups
Sam would like to be able to join the swim team.
If anyone else has any to add, here is your chance.

9 Comments:

Blogger gwen said...

I want to do 5 pull ups
I want to run the next five k and not be beaten by any seven year-olds (unless they are really fast).
I'd like to be outside every day for at least half an hour.

4:33 PM  
Blogger gwen said...

ohyeah- hooray mom for AT LAST getting back on here!

4:34 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

I love the idea of trying to be outside for at least 1/2 an hour a day.
By the way I appreciate your hooray. It was a technological feat to get back here.

4:52 PM  
Blogger John Edward said...

I want to do 100 pushups.
I want to make at least 5 GOOD pies.
I want to get accepted to Cooper Union. :P

9:51 AM  
Blogger gwen said...

I want to look at the stars with binoculars with the boys. I want to see the planets and the moon's landmarks. I want to see a meteor shower. I want to learn more constellations than the dippers and Orion. I want to go to the free natural history museum downtown.

10:00 AM  
Blogger jenny said...

It would be glorious to read the books on my own shelves that I have not read.

7:17 PM  
Blogger jenny said...

I would like to also have a very firm grasp on basic algebra in order to move on to bigger and hopefully far better things.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Madeleine said...

I'm resolved to not leave clothes on the floor. Also to read all the books that I got for Christmas. And to do stretches more.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Madeleine said...

also, mom, you should really try stretching. It's a great stress reliever, and really helps sore muscles. You should probably want to stretch your neck, shoulders, arms, and feet most, since that's where you get really sore.

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home