Monday, October 27, 2008

Overshare

So I have a confession to make. I have become addicted to Twitter, possibly the most flagrant example of the excessive need for constant connection that has arisen out of the Web 2.0 social networking fad yet. Twitter is basically a micro-blog, consisting of posts that are less than 150 characters long, designed to be easily entered and read from a mobile device or instant messenger. It encourages very immediate posting of photos, links or short opinion sound-bites of things like movies you just watched or live music shows you are currently attending, allowing other people to keep up with your every thought.

Not sure how interested any of you all would be in this, but I thought it would be pretty cool to get a Clay family twitter group going on there to swap local family news considered too small to warrant a posting on this blog. Here is a link to my account, which I update from my phone usually a couple of times daily. For extra fun, Barack Obama has a feed, and if you follow it, they will follow you back.

3 Comments:

Blogger gwen said...

cool! i have a twitter, but i just follow the mars rover and it is sort of freezing up now.

7:48 PM  
Blogger gwen said...

oh yeah, and I follow http://twitter.com/Othar
gentleman adventurer and professional hero. you will be my first real person.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Madeleine said...

cool. I doubt that I would be any better at posting, but I always like more sites to check.

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home