Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I'm am at the end of our hour and a half lunch break, killing time screwing around on the computer. In 15 minutes I will head back to my 3-D class where my crazy but smart and extremely interesting professor will lead a discussion on mine and a few other student's projects.
Our assignment was to create a 3-D representation of any style of printed letter, and it can be as abstract as you want, but it must be well designed.
here are a few things to watch when designing quality 3-D works:
Function
Process
Cost/time
craftsmanship
philosophy
And there were a couple other things too, but I forget. My 3-D letter is B. I made it out of scrap sheet metal and twisted it with needle nose pliers in all different directions, I shaped two pieces of the twisted metal into curves and balanced one on the other, then I bolted it together.
I'll see if i can get pictures up here, anyway, I'm off to class.

Oh yeah, Cross Country championship on Sat, exciting!

5 Comments:

Blogger jenny said...

pictures!!! You must tell us all how the critique went!

4:07 PM  
Blogger gwen said...

oh, Matthew got your package and he loved the cars. (the school bus is as fast as the Lamborghini, btw) the pipe cleaners have been even more fun and we have all been wandering around with mustaches, horns, piggy tails, antennae, and so on... We tried to have him call you, but you don't pick up your phone!

10:42 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

Oh yeah, he actually left me a message "Mommy she's not picking up the phone..."

11:56 PM  
Blogger Madeleine said...

Sounds really cool. I'm taking almost all art classes next term, so I'll have to call you for help.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

Sweet!!

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home