Friday, October 12, 2007

The Shepherd's Dog

This past year I haven't been that into music, so I went out this month to pick up some of the CDs that I've missed. This week I bought Iron and Wine's new album The Shepherd's Dog, and I can't stop listening to it.

The sound of this CD is a lot more varied and produced than previous albums by them, and some of the songs go so far as to sound electronic. At first glance, it definitely doesn't sound like an album by the folk band that (so I'm told) recorded their first album, The Creek Drank the Cradle, into a tape recorder in a home studio. On closer listening, though, it's obvious that the new ideas and denser sound don't diminish the id of the band at all; Sam Beam's voice and guitar are still the center of the music.










The Shepherd's Dog

3 Comments:

Blogger Madeleine said...

I really like that song. I'll have to look into getting the album.

1:16 AM  
Blogger gwen said...

I like this also.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Really fun music Bredon. If not for my children, I'd still be listening to Simon and Garfunkel. I'll have to get it.

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home