Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Park Güell

I hope that heaven is designed by Gaudí.
I went to Park Güell today. It is the most beautiful thing that I have ever seen. It's like Rivendel, of Doriath, or Valanor. It's amazing. I want to go there when I die. The entire park is themed around nature. It's full of columns and balcoies that are made out of stone and earth and pieces of pottery, and are all part of the natural landscape. The trees are as much a part of the archetecture and the pottery mutals. It's like heaven. I felt like I could die happy, there. I took millions of pictures. I'll upload some when I get home. I have never seen anything like it. I got a bunch of postcards, but they really fail to capture the awesomeness that is Park Güell.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds amazing. You know, it's tough to come up with clever comments, so I just have to say that I'm happy that you can see such wonders in an exotic locale. Perhaps we can build an art park here. Can old pickups be a part of the landscape?
Can't wait to see the photos and hear all about it.
Dad

4:14 AM  
Blogger gwen said...

Wow. Please upload pictures. I hope you having so much fun. Eat some delicious food for me. When I think of Spain, all I can think of is old hemingway. don't drink gallons of wine and go to bullfights.

9:26 AM  
Blogger falcons said...

Park Guel sounds wonderful...I have seen many photos and always thought that it should definately be included in one of the modern wonders of the world. I can hardly wait to see your pictures. Where are you getting online there?

10:41 AM  
Blogger Emma said...

Oh wow, how did you find it? wouldn't it be cool if someone decided to recreate Rivendell full size, an entire forest? While they were at it maybe they could genetically enhance humans and make some elves.

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home