Saturday, February 16, 2008

Some art work a mine

Here's some of my newer art projects, for those of you who don't look on face book; the only other public display of my stuff on the web. hm...


this was for my drawing class, we had a model for 6 hours, and she would rotate every half an hour, so if you wanted to work on her left knee cap for longer than that, you'd have to move everything. But it was fun and fun.


This is from drawing too, yeah, pretty obvious. I took 2 big pieces of paper, taped together, and covered them in charcoal, then made the picture with an eraser.
This is for 3D class. The project was to make shape, like an octohedron, tetrahedron, or icosahedron, all these cool shapes I had never known the names for. Anyway, when I started the project Mr. Brown, my very cool teacher, told me to "jump off the dock" and not just make the shape obvious. So I looked around in the collection of junk I have for 3D class, and I found out that an umbrella skeleton makes a good octohedron(at least the one I had), so I made this statue kid with an umbrella for a chest!
Oh yeah, and when the red ribbon is pulled you can make him breathe!















This is also for 3D class. the assignment was 10 feet. That was it. it's mainly made of brown paper (free), wire, and some duct tape(it such an easy sculpting tool!).
Those are arms above it's head, I was a little hurried in finishing the project, so its still rough, but I wanted that to an extent, and I wanted it to be in two different mediums(brown body--duct tape head).
Its not dead by the way, or at the gallows, at least that wasn't my intention...it does sorta look like it though...






















And this is LCD(light, color, and design class)











4 Comments:

Blogger jenny said...

Rosie, I love these pieces! The first one is great. What did you use to make it? I did not know that you could sculpt from life like that? I do like the colors is your painting at the end, it is very different from some of your other self portraits. How did the "Ten Feet" mean ten feet? Is it ten feet long? I love the unbrella guy, and I really want to make him breath!

8:20 AM  
Blogger gwen said...

Did you know that many viruses are icosahedral?

9:26 AM  
Blogger Emma said...

We had to research platonic solids, and I remember stumbling across something about viruses being icosahedral, I think on wikipedia, heh. Thats soo strange that such a small thing can have that complicated, specific shape! And it boggles my brain to try and think of how we would even know that...

12:42 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

mom, yeah it's ten feet long, originally there are ten sections of the body too. originally each was gonna be a foot long, but too technical and not enough time! but some kids did ten feet, like, shoes, or animal feet...one girl did chair feet, and so on...

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home