Wednesday, April 18, 2007

How things are going for me

Hey,
It's kinda sad that no one's been using this lately, so I guess that I'll put up a post.
My Biology class is pretty awesome. I don't like doing the lab write ups, but we get to go to the colleges forest preserve/prairie restoration site twice every week. It's really been fun. Today we waded around in the stream and caught Water Striders as a part of a mark/recapture project. Last week I got poison ivy all over my face (but it's going away a lot better than the last time I got it). It's been a pretty awesome class, all told.
There are also very interesting people in my class. My partner, Idhi, is from India. After she graduates from college, she's having an arranged marriage. She feels just fine about this, because for her it seems normal. She lives with her family in New York, but this summer her parents are going to India to find a husband for her. She says that she doesn't understand "love marriages" that we have in the United States. She says that people give up on their relationships to easily because they're looking for some sort of fairy tale love-at-first-site type of thing, and once they get bored or things get a little bumpy, they don't want to try to work things out. I'm not sure what I think about that, but it's really interesting to talk with her.
Pipe organ is coming along nicely. I got a key to the organ room so that I can go and practice whenever I like. Dave has begged me to let him and Evan record an album in there :P I'll get to help, if I do.
Well, that's all for now, I suppose. I'm still waiting on a new power cord for my computer, but luckily the computer labs here are pretty nice, so I haven't been suffering. It should be getting here tomorrow.
Also, I got my taxes done, dad, in case you were worried.
Take care. I love you all.

4 Comments:

Blogger gwen said...

thanks for posting! your biology class sounds awesome.How do you tag a water strider, specifically? do you use paint? Pipe organ also sound fun, very loud and magnificent.. miss you and see you sometime soon.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Madeleine said...

We used white-out to tag them. I'll see you soon? Is that relatively speaking?

2:54 PM  
Blogger gwen said...

probobly

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Madie- the potato clock is STILL working.
-M@

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home