Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The grand pipe organ

For many years now (3), I have contemplated the large series of pipes in the back of Harbach (or Kresge?) theatre leading to a pipe organ somewhere in the bowels of the art department. Something that was said over winter break spurred me into action. We were listening to the music at the church, and someone, maybe dad, talked about how we wouldn't have an organist after (Jeniffer's mom?) stopped playing. After I got back to school, I remembered the organ in the Art department, and started emailing around to see if it would be possible to get lessons. Upon contacting several people, I learned that I can start next term! I'm going to brush up on my piano until then. Yay!

3 Comments:

Blogger gwen said...

wow! you can be the next bach - or the guy from cryptonomicon.....

7:09 PM  
Blogger falcons said...

Madie, I think that's wonderful. Gramma Clay played the organ, so does Aunt Nan...Think of all the beautiful Bach you will be able to play!

9:45 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

Only you Madie. . .

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home