Tuesday, May 20, 2008

This American Life



I just started watching Showtime's TV version of This American Life, and I really love it. They hooked me in by promising animation by Chris Ware, one of the best comic book authors out there, and now I can't stop watching. I haven't heard much of the radio show, though I have tuned across it in the car occasionally - I do remember hearing a story by Richard Bausch that was really interesting, though I never caught the end until I went back and looked it up later. They're really good at making little things interesting, and what gets me is that even though they have a sense of humor about the stories they do, they approach them all with a real sense of compassion.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with your final comment. I have not watched the show, but I have been a fan of the radio show for years. It is where I first met Davd Sedaris and Anne Lamotte. I ook ofrward to watching. M

5:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, do you remember when we were on our way to Yellowstone and we heard that episode where Mr. Rogers went to a real neighborhood on the south side of Chicago (I think) and solved personal problems between real neighbors? M

7:47 AM  
Blogger gwen said...

makes me wish I had cable

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home